Hope you all are enjoying this Wednesday so far! I've spent this morning daydreaming, planing, and cleaning before I get back to the grind of pattern making. I always find it so nice to take a bit of time out from each day to get inspired, brainstorm, and blog. Wednesday's are particularly nice because I get to spend some time thinking of things I aspire for, hope to achieve, and sometimes just plan old want. Some big, some small, but all nice to just sit and think about. Here's just a few things I was mulling over this morning while drinking tea.
1. One of my new years resolutions for 2012 was to take more photos. I can't say that I have stuck to all of my goals so far, but this is one I have been actually trying at. Not only have I been trying to take at least one photograph a day, I've also been trying to improve my picture taking aesthetically. I would love to one day have a nice DSLR camera, instead of a second hand point and shoot. Right now I mostly just use my i-Phone 4. In a way, I like using my phone. It's easy to get to, I always have it, and I can use a bunch of apps to achieve the dreaminess I am going for; much like the photography of Yvette Inufio. I'm so happy that Indie Fixx posted about this talented artist, because her work is true inspiration to me. I'm in love with soft-lighting, pastels, lights, and blurriness in photos, and these are exactly how I wish all my pics looked.
2. I need to eat more salad. Being a vegan, I eat tons of veggies, but for a while I have fallen off the salad wagon. I used to make all different types of salad. Savory salads, sweet ones, I would gladly eat them all. This salad from Oh She Glows, reminds me of how yummy and satisfying different types of salads can be. I have a feeling I will be trying this out, and hopefully a bunch of other recipes too!
3. One thing I have realized lately is that I am crazy for prints. Whenever I go shopping, I can help but be attracted to brightly printed garments. I have tried to go the more mundane route of solids, but I just cant seem to do it. Although I love prints, I never seam to mix and match them. This photo of crazy prints has shown me that even combinations you never thought would go together, certainly can work well together.
4. I've always wanted to take a hot air balloon ride. I'm not quite sure why, but I have always thought it would be something fun to do, and also a great way to get a birds eye view of your town without having to sky dive or go on a plane. It would probably also be mad fun to be in a balloon race, or in the sky when a bunch of them take off. Hot air balloons are so beautiful with their bright colors, and look so gentle floating in the sky. photo via
5. Ok, pine-berries. Have you even heard of these before? I JUST found out about them the other day, and I can't stop thinking of them. They look sound interesting and really want to give them a try. Not only are they a cute, white strawberry with red seeds, but they are supposed to taste like pineapple. photo via